Friday, March 9, 2012

Hero - 2/25/12


Ben. My older brother. Also one of my best friends.
The strongest man I ever knew, But he's impossible to see through.
He never talks about the way he feels inside.
I know It's his way to hide.
Hide from the memories he can't escape.
Or maybe It's the opposite, They've been erased.
His hair is Red. His eyes are Blue.
If he see's you fall, He'll pick you up and carry you.
Like a vetran who's never even been to war.
He's been fighting for too long.
He has to be as tired as me from listening to this same song.
The anger he feels could kill in an instant.
he wasn't born this way as an infant.
He experianced things he shouldnt of.
So he ran in a closet, Shut the door, And turned off the light above.
He's been in there so long, He's now too afraid to come out.
He cracks the door, But shuts it again because he has doubts.
Doubts that when he escapes and runs free, That he will be safe or have enough time to save me.
He's angry because he knows what he wants and doesnt know how to get there.
He's pretending like It's not bothering him. Like he doesnt care.
But I know that's untrue.
Because I felt the same and went searching for clues.
What I found was beyond wrong. It was profound.
We were failed because she was failed.
We were all on the same train and it derailed.
You've carried me long enough.
Let me carry some of the weight to lighten it up.
Follow my light and I'll show you the way.
To more normalcy. And better days.

* Written about one of my hero's. I love you brother so, so much :) Xoxoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment