Wednesday, March 14, 2012

After Death - 3/14/12


Have you ever wondered, what it will be like after you're gone.
Your family is now exiting the service. Only flowers left.
They've played your favorite song.
Family and friends now mourning a life lost,
And celebrating a great life lived.
Out pouring of love.
Prayers, plants, flowers, hugs,
There's nothing left to be gifted,
To try and have some of the weight lifted.
Forced to continue life.
Forced to move on,
Even with you, Now gone.
Now on your way to help God do his job.
You're assigned a set of wings.
Assigned to be angels.
To do the right things.
One set out to be  a guide.
To forever remain at someones side.
One set out to travel the journey after God chose you, to take.
Staying with you, until you arrive at his beautiful golden gates.
Heroic braves, assigned to the ultimate task.
To protect from Lucifer.
Delivering everything and more of what he truly deserves.
But what happens when you arrive at his gates?
I know I'm loved, I'm not sure about being judged...
How many mistakes are you allowed to make.
If forgiven, What if you don't take the chance to be re-created,
Wasting everyday of the week. Exactly 7.
What if you continue to sin, despite that,
You know what you are inside.
You're a good person within.
There's a reason that list exists.
If you chose to not live by it,
Your well being is at risk.
Trying to protect us any way he can.
That's why there's also another list,
Consisting of other men.
Men who wrote.
Some on paper,
Paper so thin.
Or written in clay,
Before there were pens.
A guide to relieve some of the pressure.
To make life less of a struggle.
So you don't feel like an out of control animal.
Having to be muzzled.
We were gifted, The Holy Bible.
Thanks to foot prints in the sand,
I'm reminded that he's always going to be there.
Holding my shaking hand.
Never leaving me stranded.
Or feeling like I've been abandoned.
I hope that when the day comes,
When I arrive at your gates,
And It's my time to be judged,
I can only hope that you say....
I was a child you were proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment