Thursday, March 8, 2012

Disaster 2/12

Broken and with a soul that's tattered. Everything I once believed is completely shattered.
I'm in the darkness but instead of being blinded, I see it all.
I'm thinking, should I let myself fall?
Trying to keep the memory alive of why I'm facing these demons and turning to fight.
It's so that someone in this family will have the strength to find the light.
...And carry it out to search for the ones who are lost, with the same blood running through my veins.
But if they don't help themselves, I'll be coming back again and again.
Where do you find the strength to make a much needed change.
Being completely selfish and not feeling ashamed.
If I could save them all I would try until I died, but I can't, so instead I cry.
All of you are giving me the strength to do this.
I've learned life should be filled with light, and bliss.
If only I could pass along the strength I've found.
Stress is like an earthquake shaking the ground.
Your balance becomes unstable, your vision a little blurry. Run, find cover, hurry.
The stronger it gets the more destruction it causes,
Meanwhile your curled up in the doorway of a closet.
Being scared out of your mind wondering when it will pass, nothing you can do but pray from some miracle to be cast.
Just like with natural disasters, history repeats itself unless you make a change.
Or you'll be waiting for the next one and still living with pain.


* Written about addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment