Thursday, April 12, 2012

Fish Hunter Rafts & Pabst Blue Ribbon 4/12/12



Some of the most amazing times of my life were spent on the Clackamas River.
With some of the most down to earth people I have ever met.
So much happiness Radiated.
Respected. Appreciated.
Loving life, Being who they are, Living with no regrets.
One of the most special times on these rafting trips is a tree.
Dedicated to Walk a mile Kyle.
When we turn the corner, I can't help but to smile.
So happy to be a part of such a heartfelt tradition.
To let him know we haven't forgotten.
Gather around, Shotgun your beer, And hang the tab on this tree.
When we slowly drift away, I watch as it's glistening.
Almost like he's smiling. Saying thank you. And I love you too.
Meeting new people along the trip.
Who either keep on floating.
Or some that you meet, You never forget.
Water so fresh that comes straight from our mountain.
It makes you shiver. Freezing cold.
Though the sun dries you off quickly.
So tan because we've become river rats.
I remember floating down with Sara on just our backs.
Falling face first in sticker bushes.
My friends pulling them out of my face as they can't help but to laugh.
Nothing is complicated. It's all simplified.
If I close my eyes,
It's almost as if we are just getting in at Barton.
Everyone is hollering.
Smiling. Screaming from excitement as it echoes under the bridge.
Paddles start paddling.
And I immediately hear...Beer me!
Groups of good people set out on an adventure to make memories we never forget.
When we are 90 and bed ridden, These are the times we will miss.
Fish hunter rafts and Pabst blue ribbon.
People who shine so brightly. I hold them close. So tightly.
Teaching me about life and being there after every internal fight.
Always keeping my spirits high.
And my self esteem even higher.
Never any criticism. Only Equality.
Everyone is special.
I hope you all know that you are some amazing people.
I will never forget a day we spent on that gorgeous river.
And all the times I watched you all dive to the bottom to pull up other peoples garbage.
Beer cans and whatever else that shouldn't be there.
You, Actually care.
The lessons you have taught me are only gonna keep on giving.
Because I love to write.
If only everyone had even just one of you in their life.
They would be much better people.
You reached into my soul and chased away some devils.
You made me want to be me and only me.
Because there's nothing wrong with me.
When times get a little tough.
I just pause. Stop. Rewind. And remember all these amazing times.
I love you guys.

*Xoxoxoxoxoxo :)



1 comment:

  1. I love this poem, and I love our river. Kyle is loved by many and will always be in our hearts. Thank you for sharing your page with me
    Kateri

    ReplyDelete