Monday, April 2, 2012

Field of Dreams - 4/1/12

Lying in the grass. Flat on my back.
The air is fresh when inhaled.
Its spring. My skin is still pale.
Looking up. Watching the clouds slowly move by.
Feeling the warmth of the sun all the way on the inside.
Relaxed. Finally. At last.
Lying in the same Field as when I was a kid.
Where Arielle and I used to look up at the stars.
Sometimes in her back yard on the trampoline.
Sharing dreams.
That seems like all we ever did. Was dream.
Planning our whole lives out.
Like it was going to be an award winning soap opera in the making.
Boy were we mistaken.
Creating different dimensions in this world as a tactic of survival.
Creating our own world with new names and whatever would bring ourselves smiles.
Naturally fighting every once in a while.
But it never mattered.
Shes always there when I'm scared.
Holding my hand as we walk through the dark.
Describing every single characteristic of that dog barking.
Her love for animals will explain that.
Nothing about her is tainted black.
Shes at the other end of my safety line.
Making sure I can always find my way back.
I never knew what genuine really meant until her.
Not by blood. But shes my sister.
The only thing that has never hurt me.
And then came Laurie. Another sister.
Funny how life works.
We just barely reached her before we missed her.
Brilliant. Bold. Loving. Kind.
When I think about her so much runs through my mind.
She understands me like we shared a womb.
I will never forget the day she found her new home.
With the most amazing people breathing on earth.
You should meet their mother.
Every single second is worth it.
Miss Julia.
So much love pouring from her soul.
Treating me and every other one as if they were her own.
And then there's Ace.
Seriously, The first person to ever make sure we were all in possession of mace.
An older brother who gave so much.
I feel like I was struck by lightening with this luck.
To find such rare beauty. So much warmth. So much care.
I remember dancing in the kitchen on holidays to "Do you believe in love" By Cher.
Traditions I had never been a part of. I didn't know people actually lived like this.
Happiness. No selfishness.
Enough love for everyone.
Showing me what art was. In every form. I found my shelter from the storm.
All because of a game of baseball.
You showed up and caught my fall.
Walking into the middle of a disaster.
And still managing to show me that there are "Happily ever afters".
I will never forget what you all have done for me.
You gave me faith. Faith to believe.
Faith to breath. Faith to survive.
So much of why I'm alive.
Changing the route I was traveling inside.
Forever in my heart.
When I need a safe place. A place to escape.
Forever in this Field I Ly.

*Inspired by the Carlsons :)

No comments:

Post a Comment