Friday, July 20, 2012

Good Luck To Us 7/20/12



I look out my window and see so much life.
Everywhere.
There's a breeze that is blowing through my hair.
Fresh air.
Exactly what I need.
It makes it easier to breath.
To open my chest.
From not feeling so closed shut.
I decide it's time to walk outside.
I look up.
I see nothing but blue skies.
A few clouds that are slowly rolling by.
The sunshine is so warm.
At this moment, You feel no harm.
Lifting up your arms into the unknown.
Just like you did when you were 8.
Now you're grown.
With a little one of your own.
Trying to show her the beautiful things in this life.
Before you are gone.
I can not only hear the water that is close by,
I can smell it.
As you get closer the air gets cooler and you can literally feel it.
I find an old tree stump and chose to sit.
This moment is so peaceful.
All of the muscles in your body are relaxed and at ease.
Watching my daughter walk up to the water line.
Bend her knees.
As she has chosen to sit for herself to sit.
To feel the breeze.
The peace.
To feel it for herself.
I'm watching as the wind is blowing through the little hair she has.
Unlike her dad.
It's the same color I used to have.
The sun is shinning and reflecting the gold in her beautiful blond hair.
Nothing could capture this moment.
Not even a picture would be fair.
Nor will I ever need a picture to remember this moment.
I'm here to teach her.
But she is teaching me with what she is showing.
What she is peeling my eyes open to seeing.
Everything.
The good. The ugly. And everything in between.
At times it's painful.
it makes me want to scream.
Until she wakes up from a bad dream and wants nothing but her mommy.
In that moment, I feel like a super hero.
I will always be here to save her.
To give the other half of my Oreo.
To listen. To love.
To constantly willingly give.
To teach her how to forgive.
To be her best friend.
But most importantly her mother.
And never use that title to control or smoother.
To never take her for granted.
Never asking why she came before I was ready.
The tortus won the race with slow and steady.
I'm still learning everyday.
So I must give myself credit with every mistake.
I know we will make it through this.
Everything will be ok.
This moment proves that statement.
As we head back to reality and find the pavement.
I can't control the smile that your face brings to mine.
God could have never made a more perfect design.
You're absolutely beautiful.
In any light.
For you, I would give anything.
Including my soul. My life.
I want to not only raise you.
But i want to raise you right.
So you actually have a chance at a fulfilled life.
Every time we come to this spot.
I'm reminded of thing's life has let me forget.
I will always fight for you.
Love you.
Appreciate you.
I will never fail you.
Or let you fall.
I will always be here and never give up regardless of how hard this is.
You are my daughter and from this day forward.
I will never again allow myself to forget.
That the beauty of what you have brought to my life.
Is what your presence has forced me to become.
An absolute warrior.
Who they call mom.
The beautiful thing about building from the bottom.
Is that there is no where else to go but up.
Good luck to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment